Civil HoDFebruary 14, 2022 2022-04-13 11:32
Dr. M C S MADAN
Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering and Management specialization.
Dr M Chandra Shekhar Madan has been with us for the last 15 years, and he is responsible for the College Academic Committee. He has prepared courses for the Civil Engineering department, such as Environmental Engineering I & II and Waste Water Management, along with handling courses like Industrial Waste and Waste Water Management, Air Pollution Control, Solid Waste and Hazardous Waste Management, Engineering Geology.
In his 25+ years of experience, he has deployed different teaching methodologies such as the traditional White Board & Marker, PowerPoint Presentations, Demonstration based lectures, textbook Assignments, Web References, Video Lectures, Enquire oriented Education, Interactive Learning and Group Discussion.
He is a member of the ISTE professional body, and has published research journals and papers on :
- Effect of Structural Irregularity in Multistoried Effect of Carbon Fibre Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) sticking on Load Carrying Capacity of Columns
- Effect of basalt Fibre reinforced Polymer (BFRP) sticking on Load Carrying Capacity of Columns
- Enhancement and partial Replacement of Cement by Glass Powder based on Concrete
- Utilization of Demolished Concrete Waste for New Construction
He has also mentored and guided research committees on the following projects:
- A Study on drinking Water Quality and Security in Amalapuram Municipality
- A Study on Municipal Solid Waste (MCW) designing of Sanitary Land Filling (SLF) site and management of MSW in Amalapuram
- A Study on Effect of Sea Food Processing Effluent in Coringi River
- A Study about Effects on Compressive Strength of Concrete by Partially Replacing Concrete with Marble Dust Powder and Using Polycarboxylate Ethane as Super Plasticizer
- A Study on Shrimp Processing Industry effluent waste and utilisation of treated waste in East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh
- A Study on Disposal of Untreated Sewage for Land treatment in Amalapuram
- A Study on Use of Rice Husk Ash in Concrete
He has received the following recognitions and awards by the University:
- Lab External for Environmental Engineering
- E Waste management (NPTEL)
- Paper Evaluation of Environmental Engineering course (JNTUK)
- Paper Evaluation of IWHWM course (JNTUK)
- Paper Evaluation of APC course (JNTUK)
- Paper Evaluation of WWM course (JNTUK)
- Lab External Examiner for EE (JNTUK)
- Project External for viva voce for B.Tech & M.Tech
- Lab External for UG & PG courses (JNTUK)
- Preparation for Scheme of Evaluation for UG subjects (JNTUK)
- Chief Examiner for UG subjects (JNTU)
He has been a vital part in organizing Seminars and Workshops on E Waste Management, AutoCAD 2D, Internship Program Restructuring, ARC GIS amongst a few.
In his previous stint, he was an Assistant Professor at Aditya College (2005-2007) & Founder HoD and Associate Professor at SGCSR College (1994-2005)